Thursday, April 9, 2009

Final Budget

Here's what's going down: Theo got the electrical bill today. It will cost us $165.47, which includes the $40 turn on fee. I've figured all of the expenses that I know about into the budget. Some people gave me the $10 extra. I will be returning that to them before I divide up our leftovers. That seems only fair to me. After that we have two possible outcomes. I am still waiting on somebody to claim the mystery receipt. If nobody claims it then I will remove it from our expenses because I do not know who to pay back. Otherwise, if someone comes forward and I'll pay them back and then divide the money between everyone. I've uploaded the budget to the server. You can see it all by clicking on the budget link to the right. You can see on the first sheet what I have in the bank now, all of the pending charges (checks), and what we will have when all is said and done. For those of you that don't know how to click on the link to the right, I'll summarize it here for you:

We have in the bank: $846.61
Charges pending (minus mystery receipt): $670.63
Charges pending (including mystery receipt: $700.30
Expected after charges (sans MR): $175.98
Expected after charges (including MR): $146.31
What each person will get (w/o lame MR): =$175.98/20 people = $8.80/person
What each person will get (w/ lame MR): =$146.31/20 people = $7.32/person

So those last two numbers are our scenarios. Now I know what you're thinking. That is a HUGE difference. This kind of stuff can make or break a person. I'm sorry to have to break it to you this way. we'll get through it somehow. i give the mystery he/she until monday morning to get me their proof that it's theirs or i will tear their hopes and dreams up into itsy bitsy teeny tiny pieces. the end

10 comments:

  1. i can't take the suspense!

    WHO WILL CLAIM THE MYSTERY RECEIPT

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay i spent 30 DOLLARS on cleaning supplies and paint. i don't know if that receipt is mine or not...and i don't know where my receipt is so if you want to pay me back COOL if not whateva. i am mystery (wo)man dundundun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent like 14ish bucks on trash bags, twist ties, etc. I don't care about it frankly but to help out the the MR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. here's a scan of the receipt. you decide. BAM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. note it was at 10:41 in the morning on 4/2, the day we started painting the walls(?) at the waterford lakes home depot

    ReplyDelete
  6. please cash your checks asap. i don't want to deal with that money any longer than i have to

    ReplyDelete
  7. mine!
    this sounds like a bad mix of willy wonka and finding nemo.
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was my receipt for beer. Not really. But it would be nice to be reimbursed for that.

    ReplyDelete