Monday, March 9, 2009

Advertisement

We need to work on advertisement soon. I dont think we can really wait till the next class period, which is a week and a half away, and only 2-3 weeks prior to the show.

What do we need for advertising the show?
-website
-fliers
-pine tree scented car things... (we can probably still use this since the title is very car relevant)
-posters
-postcards

those are just some thoughts of mine.

I think the fliers, pine trees, and postcards could just have the title of the show, dates, and a link to the website. The posters could have a bit more information, like an address or synopsis or something. I think the website should have the bulk of the information.

Concerning the website:
I know Ethan is setting it up. I can help build it, especially any flash parts. My idea would be to have a nice flash header at the top and some info underneath. Maybe another page or 2 with more information. The flash header could have images of our art that it cycles through, like a tiny preview of the show.

The basic layout Im think of would be similar to:
Nvidia
EVGA
A ton of websites use this sort of layout with the large flash interactive header at the top because it looks cool and focuses your attention. We could even have it where if you click on the header it would redirect you to a page containing bio info on whichever artist was currently being shown. We could also have the order of the artists being shown randomized each time the page loads, so there would be no issues about picking who is shown first, last, etc.

Let me know what you guys think. Like I said, I can handle the flash part but wouldnt mind help on the rest of the site.

-David

7 comments:

  1. Fliers, Posters, Postcards, even Pine tree shaped car things can be screen-printed. Sign me up for manual labor of paper advertisements. For more professional or fancy postcards/etc, I might be able to do letterpress or embossing.

    if possible, send me files of your various image ideas- I'll print a mock-up proof and bring to class.

    walters.ashlee@gmail.com

    p.s. What about making maybe 20 invitations for important folk-professors or Dean Brody or Dean Fernandez?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with: Trees, Postcards, posters(screenprint or something in printmaking studio), and website. As for the website I think there shouldnt be a scroll bar. Only the one page then clicking "about" or info etc would be the links.

    Christopher Berrios

    ReplyDelete
  3. Special invitations is a great idea I agree with that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would it really be cheaper/faster/efficient to use the print studio over digitally designing something and having it printed? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  5. In response to Audra-
    Yes it would be significantly more cost effective to use in-house printing. If outsourcing work is of interest, then keep in mind the purpose of this show is artists pooling their personal talents and resources to showcase and celebrate peer work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I created an event on Facebook. It's just another way to invite people to attend. As of now I am currently using the logo graphics that seem to be the most popular. It can all be edited, but at least it's up.

    Chris Berrios

    ReplyDelete