Friday, March 20, 2009

Printing

So I have talked to 8 companies. I had 3 that were even remotely interested. 2 that were very interested. And only one that actually gave me a price. None of the companies are enticed by the idea of sponsorship. They say the only response they get from such advertising is a bunch of people calling them for free crap. One guy seemed genuinely interested and said he would print for cost (i'm sure he's makin a lil money, but he's prob discounting it decently). he told me $325 for 1000 4x6 4/1 postcards and 1000 4/0 11x17 posters (I didn't ask for 1000, he said that that's as low a number that would result in a lower price. i.e. 500 isn't cheaper).
Another guy i spoke to sounded super pumped up and eager to compete, but he still hasn't sent me an e-mail back with actual numbers.
I think we should go ahead and just print the postcards. I have to speak to him again to find out how much just postcards/flyers would cost. In fact we could probally get even more for very cheap. for posters we can work on a much smaller scale (screen print, color copy. flyers are easy to distribute... I can't think of hundreds of places to put posters).
Also, we need to go with just one image. He said setting up the machine 3 times would cost a lot more than just setting it up once. Makes sense. So maybe we can have one last say on the image, again. So far we are using Danielle's, but I have a design, Michelle gave me one, and I know some of you might have mde one as well. We can try this voting thing again.

7 comments:

  1. As soon as you make a decision on who we're printing with, send me a copy of the quote and I'll get you the money. So far about half of the class has ponied up and we stand at about $410 in funds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't recommend opening this up to voting again. We really don't have time to drag this out. I think the consensus was to go w. Danielle's yellow one...but if you find a source to print these digitally and can do more than one version than why not do it? But we HAVE TO, have to get this stuff out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...
    TOTAL = 1000 Postcards and 1000 Posters?? for $325
    That's not too bad, but a 1000 Posters? Don't we need more postcards/flyers than posters? Like 1500-2000 Postcards/flyers and only 300 or so poster size? If, not then yea let's order them.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not dragging it out. He told me that they wouldn't be printing until Monday. Anyways, we'll go with the yellow n blue. I really don't think we need more than 100 posters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, would he be able to do 500 posters (or some other small number) and then a large amount of flyers? 2000 or so?

    ReplyDelete