Sunday, March 29, 2009

Construction Update

Here is where we stand:
It took us a crazy long time to work out the design of the walls. They aren't amazing but they will stand. We have done all of the short walls and all but one of the long walls. So, tomorrow, here is what we will be doing, starting at 10AM:
Finish up building the last large wall (all pieces are already cut)
Figure out pedestals and build them much faster than the walls.
I have the designs for the pedestals, thanks to Audra. Since materials have changed they need to be modified a little bit but they give us a good blueprint to work with. I have to leave tomorrow at 4:30 latest because I have a wedding to go to, so that is when we will have to close up shop for the day. As such, we need to be done, because Professor Isenhour will have a class the next morning at 8 and we need to leave his room cleaner than we found it. Thanks for those who came to help today. I hope that our turnout is good tomorrow as well.

6 comments:

  1. I'll be coming tomorrow, but I may be back and forth between printing posters and building pedestals. Leaving by 430 or so as well, got work at 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you want me to bring an extra nail gun to speed things along? I need to know before about 9:00am because I'm leaving by then. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you haven't left yet, if you have anything larger than a brad nailer, then please do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    Can someone give an update on what needs to be done for Monday? The last time I saw a calendar it said that we would be "picking up dry wall and ladder from school gallery, move materials to the space"... I'm scheduled to work for Monday at 5pm, do I need to transfer anything from campus?

    ReplyDelete
  5. for those of us meeting downtown at 5 tonight, do we need to bring anything or just be ready to work?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got out of work early and I'm headed down there soon.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete